5L rear suspension from SSL
This supension upgrade was previously marketed under the 'Suplex' banner, but is now branded SSL (Suspension Supplies Ltd).
The 5L rear suspension kit from SSL has been designed for 'classic' Morgans and completely replaces the existing set up. It is designed as a 'bolt on' system with no welding or cutting required.
The standard and rather basic leaf springs fitted as standard to Morgans are replaced by progressive rate coilover springs, and these are complemented by high quality Spax adjustable dampers (shock absorbers).
A 5 link system provides efficient operation of the suspension and locates the axle correctly in place under all types of driving.
The benefits of the SSL 5L suspension are:
- Improved ride comfort as the progressive spring rates provide supple springing over small bumps and then become progressively stiffer to cope with larger bumps.
- Progressive roll stiffness allows good compliance and ride over small bumps hit by one wheel, but then stiffens up to control roll in spirited driving through corners.
- Optimum rear suspension travel
- The improved dampers ensure better control of the suspension movement
- Axle location is improved and alignment is adjustable
- Axle tramp is eliminated
- Ride height and corner weighting can be adjusted to ensure optimum settings
- Handling is significantly improved
- Power can be more effectively transmitted to the rear wheels when 'pushing on'
The price shown of £2,995 is just for the supply of the suspension kit.
If you would like us to supply and fit the SSL 5L suspension - a lot of care needs to be taken to ensure the suspension is set up and adjusted correctly - the price is £4,260.
The kit is only available for 2-seater Morgans.
All our prices include VAT.